What the Critics Are Saying . . .
What the Critics Are Saying
Critical acclaim has followed Schola Cantorum on Hudson’s performances, recordings, and outreach programs since the group’s inception.
Reviewers of major arts publications including the Classical New Jersey Society, the American Record Guide, and the Newark Star-Ledger are among those who regularly follow Schola’s concert and outreach efforts.
Below you can read a few representative feature articles and recording reviews covering past Schola recordings and performances.
If you are planning to write a review or article featuring Schola, visit our Press Room for current information, biographies, and pictures to aid you.Back to the Archive
- Read about “Mother Earth,” the concert the NJ Arts Maven called “an extraordinary musical experience.”
- Critics were of one voice when reviewing Schola’s performances of Randall Svane’s Mass:
- I Care If You Listen Magazine acclaimed the premier of Andrea Clearfield’s Tse Go La.
- The Newark Star Ledger reviews a concert featuring four centuries of German Music
- Praise for Schola’s recording Beautiful Star:
- These reviews from the Classical New Jersey Society Journal:
Additional Reviews of Schola’s Concerts & Outreach Programs
- “Parlaying a Second Performance into a World Class Encore” — Troubadour, April 2010
- “A New Model Breathes Life into New Works” — Vocal Area Network, March 2010
- “Fancy Name, Big Voices” — Jersey Journal, October 2009
- “A coming-out party for video games” — Jersey Journal, December 2008