Conducting Scholar Program
SCH’s Conducting Scholar Program is designed to provide post-graduate training and experience for a choral conductor in the first decade of his/her career. Training and opportunities provided will be designed collaboratively between the Scholar and Schola’s Artistic Director to meet each Scholar’s professional goals.
- participate as singing members;
- have regular duties with sectional rehearsals and/or InReach instruction; and
- assume leadership of engagement and education programs.
Conducting Scholars receive:
- half-tuition lessons with Schola’s Artistic Director in such areas as conducting; score study, analysis and interpretation; program design; etc.
- podium time with SCH;
- interactive involvement with elements of 501c3 management;
- introduction to professional conducting circles; and
- recommendations for applications to professional programs and graduate schools.
Conducting Scholars are selected through an application process based on the following criteria:
- Written application, to include CV and video evidence of conducting;
- Recommendations; and
- Interview with the Artistic Director.
Former Conducting Scholars
Expression of interest can be made at any time to the ArtisticDirector@ScholaOnHudson.org.